Happy July 4th – hope everyone had a great day yesterday!! We were at the Knights game with the WBT SkyShow Fireworks presentation. Luckily it did not turn out like San Diego’s display
Since the 4th is a special day – here is the 4th of July Round-up:
Now, What is going on this weekend??!!! Time to figure out what is on tap next after a great 4th.
THURSDAY, JULY 5th
- Alive After Five tonight features Mo Money. The party is from 5-10pm and as always surrounding venues will host after parties. Go check out the fun at Whiskey River, Suite, Vida, Strike City and Black Finn. Admission to the after parties is free with your Alive After Five wristband
- The Charlotte Knights continue their series against the Gwinnett Braves tonight. Game time is 7:15
- 1/2 Price cocktails tonight at The Village Tavern
- Check out Tequila Therapy to cure your weekly grind at Vida Cantina. $5 Vida Margaritas and $20 margarita or sangria pitchers.
- BlackFinn features $3 Bud Lights tonight and tomorrow night.
- Karaoke Idle Thursdays at Wild Wing Cafe starting at 8pm with $2.50 Bud and Bud Light bottles, $3 well drinks and $5 Toucan Sams.
- Mini Takes The States Tour stops at NC Music Factory tonight, 6-10pm. Food, live music and a fireworks performance.
- Check out Charlotte Beer Blog’s schedule of beer specials around Charlotte
- Whitewater River Jam at the US National Whitewater Center tonight features Riley Ethridge. 7-10pm tonight. Free Admission.
FRIDAY, JULY 6th
- The Charlotte Knights begin a series tonight against the Norfolk Tides. They will be playing at Knights Stadium tonight thru Sunday, game times 7:15 Friday and Saturday and 2:15 Sunday.
- Jazz at the Bechtler tonight at 6pm. Check the site for availability.
- Jay Mathey is playing at Olde Mecklenburg Brewery for their Live Music in the ‘Garten tonight. Check out some cold beer and live music from 6-9pm
- Get Your Friday On at Vida Cantina with $3 Tecate, $4 tequila shooters and $5 margaritas
- 1/2 Price bowling at Strike City. Just call to reserve your spot.
- Whiskey Weekend at Whiskey River Friday and Saturday Night. The biggest party in the city, doors open at 5pm. 21 and up welcome.
- The Silent Discos were so popular the Pavilion has extended the performances thru July!
- Party Rockin’ Fridays at Wild Wing Cafe starting at 9pm with DJ Arod and great drink specials all night. No Cover!
- Red, White and Blue Bash at Whiskey River featuring $4 firecracker shots and $3 Bud Light Limes. 21 and up welcome, doors open at 5pm
- Sequoyah at The Visulite – doors open at 8pm, headliner begins at 9:45. 16 and up welcome (must have ID)
SATURDAY, JULY 7th
- The Charlotte Hounds take on the Chesapeake Bayhawks tonight at 7pm at American Legion Memorial Stadium. Go check out some good lacrosse action.
- Watch UFC 148 at Strike City tonight.
- Guest List on Saturdays at Wild Wing Cafe. Free cover until 11 with an email to GUESTLISTONSATURDAYS@GMAIL.COM
SUNDAY, JULY 8th
- Check out Yelp’s Sunday Funday to find out more about where people are going for brunch or to help cure their hangover.
So, there you go. Have a great weekend and email or tweet us your pictures and videos so we can feature you on the Weekend Round-up.
If you have an event you would like for us to feature email us at happening email@example.com